Chair Imrana Jalal Explains Changes Approved by the Board Following its Review of the Panel
The World Bank Board of Executive Directors completed its review of the Inspection Panel in 2020 and put in place a number of changes to the Bank’s social and environmental accountability framework. Those changes are enshrined in the Inspection Panel Resolution and the World Bank Accountability Mechanism Resolution, both of which were approved by the Board on September 8, 2020. In a series of short videos, Inspection Panel Chair Imrana Jalal discusses the changes and their importance. You can click the links below to watch the videos.
- What changes did the World Bank Board approve in its review of the Inspection Panel?
- What do the changes mean for Inspection Panel stakeholders?
- Will the Inspection Panel retain its independence?
- How will the extended time eligibility for complaints to the Inspection Panel work?
- How will the Inspection Panel and the Dispute Resolution Service interact?
- What is the significance of sharing the Inspection Panel’s Investigation Report with Requesters?
- How will the Inspection Panel verify the implementation of Management Action Plans?
- Why is it important that the Inspection Panel provides advisory services?